Saturday 11 September 2010

Cheat!

I feel like I’ve got away with something terrible this week. I have a guilty feeling like…like…well, I’m not really sure what it’s like. There was an Olympic Speed Skating race a while ago where the front 4 racers all crashed on the final bend, leaving the guy trailing in 5th place, who had basically given up, to get the gold medal. I imagine I feel a bit like that gold medal winner. I once was driving along a country road through a farm with buildings on either side. Too late to do anything about it, a cat shot out from one side, chased at close quarters by a dog. I couldn’t avoid the cat and it went straight under the wheels. The dog stopped and looked at the cat with the kind of feeling I have.
Weigh In 117.2kg. Weight loss this week 0.7kg. Total weight loss 1.1kg (18.9kg to go). 0.1kg better than target weight at this point.
But you see I didn’t have a great week. I’m supposed to be giving it everything; I didn’t even go to the gym for the entire week, ate well for most of it but with a couple of blowouts and brain farts. I didn’t take all my supplements the whole week. I didn’t drink anywhere near enough water.
So I feel like a winner (or loser!) but somehow that I cheated my way to victory, or at the very least, didn’t deserve it. I have to be careful. Complacency that I don’t have to give it everything to lose weight is a real danger. I have to be aware that I “only” lost 0.7kg this week when the target was 1kg loss. And it only gets harder…the 20th kg is going to be a lot harder than the first. But I must remain upbeat. Hey, I lost 0.7kg despite not giving it everything. Let’s go for it for another week and actually give it everything, and see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment