Thursday 3 February 2011

Weigh-in confusion

Yesterday was weigh-in day as part of my regular Wednesday PT session. I managed to persuade myself at the time that 2 weeks ago, my previous weigh-in with the PT had been at 115.9kg, so when 116.0kg came up I was somewhat disappointed. This spurred me on to give full effort in the PT session. The answer to the question "More weight, Moose?" is always Yes.

Imagine how relieved I was to get back to my desk to find the printout from the scales from 2 weeks ago and find it was at 117.0kg. So I have indeed lost 1kg...
The confusion arises because I also weigh-in at home on Saturdays - and last weekends result was a 115.9kg.

The PT is planned into my triathlon schedule so that I have no other triathlon training on a Wednesday. It's my haven in the week when I am completely free to do other stuff (obviously, free in the sense I am free to do whatever the PT says!) that doesn't involve swimming, cycling or running.

Today is planned for a run session. I ache from yesterday and feel weary. So it's going to be a real motivation test to see whether I can get off my backside and get into the gym at lunchtime...

Maybe a rocking workout track of the day will help: let's go for "Wake up Boo" by the Boo Radleys (145bpm - running pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment